Prep for open enrollment
Learn more about what you need to know to prepare for Open Enrollment.
Date Posted: September 4, 2018
October is typically open enrollment time*. And it’s coming up sooner than you may think. Before you choose a health insurance plan, make sure you have the information you need. For HSAs, Optum Bank is here to help you make sense of it all — so you can make the right decisions for you and your family.
To be eligible for an HSA, you must be enrolled in a qualifying high-deducible health plan, or HDHP.
For 2019, an HDHP is defined as:
- A minimum annual deductible of $1,350 individual/$2,700 family
- An out-of-pocket maximum of $6,750 individual/$13,500 family
There are more requirements as defined by the IRS, as well, but enrollment in an HDHP is key to opening an HSA.
Your HSA is designed to work with a high-deductible health plan to protect you and your family against unexpected health care costs. Also, premiums for high-deductible health plans are often lower than premiums for other types of non-high deductible health plans.
About Optum Bank HSAs
As a digital, analytics and technology leader, Optum Bank is the only HSA bank that is connecting health and finance in unprecedented ways.
Some of the ways we’re building a better banking experience include:
- Highest rated mobile app — 4.5/5
- Virtual assistance using Alexa and Google Home
- 24/7 chat feature to answer your educational questions instantly
- Apple, Google and Samsung Pay — first company to offer convenient HSA fund access
- Easier ways to invest — enhancements to the Optum Bank investments site for ease of navigation and video education
- And more
Ready to open an HSA?
Check out the Optum Bank HSA enrollment site when you’re ready to enroll. Completing an online application for an Optum Bank HSA only takes about 10 minutes.
Discover how to save and pay for qualified medical expenses with an HSA.
Check out how simple it is to use an HSA, including how to make deposits and withdrawals.
*Your employer’s open enrollment time may differ.