Don’t have an HSA?
An HSA is like no other savings account. The money you contribute goes in, grows and comes out income tax- free when used for qualified medical expenses, and the account is yours to keep even if you change jobs or move off a qualifying high-deductible health plan. Enroll today.
Resources and Digital tools
Take advantage of these tools and educational resources to make the most of your health accounts.
HSA contribution calculator
Figure out your maximum contribution, estimate your tax savings and see how your savings can grow over time.
Five stages of health saving and spending
Optum Bank Health Finance JourneyTM model
Whether you just opened a health savings account (HSA) or you’ve been contributing for years, you likely have questions. We all do. And how you use your HSA will likely change over time. Most of us go through a five-stage journey as we save and pay for qualified medical expenses.
Explore where you are in the journey
- Decide: I’m thinking about opening an HSA.
- Open: I have opened an HSA but haven’t used it much.
- Use: I'm using as much money as I'm contributing to my HSA.
- Manage: I'm using my HSA but have enough funds left over to potentially begin investing.
- Optimize: I’m turning my HSA into an investment and maximizing it.
Optum Bank Academy