With your Optum Bank® Health Savings Account Debit MasterCard®, as long as there's enough money in your account, you can use your card to pay for qualified medical expenses.
Using your card
Activate your card when you receive it – your debit card will be postmarked 3-6 business days after your HSA is opened. Please allow time for USPS delivery.
Once it's activated, you can use your Debit MasterCard to:
- Pay for doctor's office visits at the time of the appointment or for qualified items at the pharmacy or other retailer.
- Write in your card information when you get a bill if the biller accepts cards with the MasterCard acceptance mark.
- Withdraw cash from an ATM to reimburse yourself for expenses you paid out-of-pocket, if available based on your HSA product.*
Request or change your PIN
To use your debit card at an ATM or in a store, you will need a personal identification number (PIN). If you're a new account holder, you'll be able to choose a PIN when you first activate your debit card. If you've forgotten your PIN or need to change it, call the customer service phone number on the back of your debit card.
Order additional cards
You can order additional cards for your spouse and dependents. This and other account functionality is available after you log in.
Log in to order another card now
Lost or stolen card
Contact us, 24 hours a day, if your card is lost or stolen. We will issue you a new card, free of charge, within 10 days.
- Optum Bank Health Savings Accounts: 1-866-234-8913
- Health Advantage Suite of Accounts: 1-800-243-5543
With your Optum Bank MasterCard, you also have access to MasterCard’s ID Theft Services.
If you would like to dispute charges on your card, please fill out and return the Cardholder Dispute form. This and other account forms are available after you log in.
Log in to access a Cardholder Dispute Form now
Common reasons for disputed charges include:
- Your card was stolen and used for unauthorized purchases.
- The charges on your statement differ from what was billed by the doctor office, pharmacy or other merchant.
- You did not receive the products or services you purchased with your card.
Keeping your debit card safe and secure
We have some tips for keeping your debit card safe. Be sure to review them – and follow them!
Read our tips for keeping your debit card safe
*There is a $2.50 ATM withdrawal fee. Access fees may also be charged by the ATM owner.