Annual contribution limits
- An individual can contribute up to $3,550 (increase of $50 from 2019) for the year.
- An individual with family coverage can contribute up to $7,100 (increase of $100 from 2019) for the year.
- An individual can contribute up to $3,500 for the year.
- An individual with family coverage can contribute up $7,000 for the year.
Don't forget - if you are age 55 or older, you can contribute an additional catch-up contribution of $1,000 per year. If your spouse is also 55 or older, he or she may establish a separate HSA and make a “catch-up” contribution to that account.
Log in to your account today and check your contribution limit.
Build your HSA balance by transferring or rolling over funds from an IRA or another HSA.*
Request an IRA distribution
You can make a one-time contribution from a traditional IRA or Roth IRA into your HSA. Contact your IRA administrator to request a distribution. Keep in mind that the amount of the contribution cannot be more than you are eligible to contribute to your HSA for the tax year. If your employer contributes to your HSA, make sure to take that into account.
Transfer funds from another HSA
If you have an HSA from another bank that you want to close, you can transfer the funds to your Optum Bank HSA. To do so, download, fill out and send the HSA Rollover/Transfer Request Form to the previous administrator. This and other account forms are available after you log in to your account.
Roll over funds from another HSA
If you want to move funds from an existing HSA to your Optum Bank HSA, you can request a distribution from your current administrator and send us a check with the HSA Rollover/Transfer Request Form. This and other account forms are available after you log in to your account.
* Distributions, rollovers and transfers are subject to IRS restrictions. Please contact your tax advisor for information.