Time is of the essence when you notice suspicious activity on any of your accounts. Act fast if your personal information gets compromised.
How we help
Debit or credit cards
Optum Bank® monitors accounts for suspicious debit card activity, but it is important for you to frequently check your transactions as well.
Debit or credit card tips
- Watch for duplicate or unauthorized charges.
- When you notice any suspicious card activity, report it immediately.
We will never call to ask for personal information such as address, birthday, Social Security number, PIN, login ID or debit card number.
Tips for phone security:
- If you receive a phone call asking for your login information, hang up immediately and call the phone number on the back of your card.
- Phone scams usually sound too good to be true. They may be about an “urgent situation requiring immediate action” needing personal data.
- Watch out for free giveaways, fake charities, individuals posing as the IRS, loan applications and credit card scams.
Phishing scams contain links to fake websites that request usernames, passwords and account details — and use them to steal money.
Watch for phishing:
- Watch out for clever and compelling language like “an urgent need for you to update your information.”
- Always look at the email address. It might appear real but be slightly different.
- Watch for spelling or spacing errors.
- Ask yourself if an email looks different than others you’ve received in the past from Optum Bank.
Identity theft is when someone uses your personal information without your consent to commit fraud or other crimes.
Protect your identity:
- Look for charges that you didn’t make — even if it’s a small amount.
- Watch for accounts you did not open
- Report identity theft right away. The Federal Trade Commission and your local police department are critical in filing the complaint.
- Contact the three major credit reporting agencies to place fraud alerts or freezes on your accounts.
- Also contact the fraud department at your bank, credit card issuers and any other places where you have accounts.