How we protect you
Keeping your accounts and personal information safe is a priority. Here are some ways we protect you.
How we help
We watch your account for suspicious activity. If we detect any, we will notify you.
Steps we take:
- We require complex passwords including various uppercase and lowercase letters and symbols to help keep accounts secure.
- We use encryption to protect your information, including your user name, password and account information.
- We will automatically log you out of your account after a predetermined amount of time.
Mastercard’s ID theft services
Mastercard offers enhanced ID theft protection services. Enroll today to take advantage of this free benefit.
- TransUnion Credit Bureau Monitoring monitors your credit file and alert you to any changes that could indicate fraud.
- Financial Account Takeover monitors your high risk transactions to help uncover and prevent account takeover attempts.
- ID Theft AlertsTM tracks thousands of websites to learn if your personal information is being bought online.
- Expert lost resolution service is available to help you 24/7 if you think your identity has been stolen.
- Emergency lost wallet replacement assists you in quickly canceling and reordering the contents of your physical wallets.
If you enrolled in the Mastercard ID Theft Protection program prior to 1/1/2020, you will need to re-enroll to receive theft protection services going forward. The service offered prior to 1/1/20 has been discontinued.
Click to enroll in Mastercard ID Theft Protection:
Activation link for account holders
If you have questions, you can call 1-866-805-7848.
This technology lets you use your voice to quickly confirm your identity over-the-phone.
- This is a new, optional technology that lets you use your voice to quickly confirm your identity over-the-phone. When you enroll in Optum Voiceprint, you can securely access your account information — with your unique voice.
- Optum Voiceprint technology offers more than traditional password protection. Unlike passwords, your voice profile can’t be guessed. Also, no one can steal it because it can’t be written down. Far better, this new technology offers you even more confidence that only you can securely access your banking information.