How we protect you
Keeping your accounts and personal information safe is a priority. Here are some ways we protect you.
How we help
We watch your account for suspicious activity. If we detect any, we will notify you.
Steps we take:
- We require complex passwords including various uppercase and lowercase letters and symbols to help keep accounts secure.
- We use encryption to protect your information, including your user name, password and account information.
- We will automatically log you out of your account after a predetermined amount of time.
Mastercard’s ID theft services
With your Optum Bank® Health Savings Account Debit Mastercard®, you are automatically enrolled in ID Theft Resolution Service.
This service includes:
- 24/7 access to certified resolution specialists
- Watching for stolen personal information and confidential data online
- Help canceling all lost cards and notifying all three major credit reporting agencies
Get additional protection when you shop online at participating retailers.
- Each time you make an online purchase with a participating retailer, a window pops up asking for your SecureCode.
- Enter your SecureCode. This confirms you are the authorized cardholder and your purchase is completed.
- It prevents unauthorized online purchases. Online retailers can’t see your SecureCode, which adds a layer of protection.
- If you don’t already have one, the next time you use your Optum Bank Debit Mastercard for an online purchase, you will be asked to register.