Monthly maintenance fee
Refer to your Employer Open Enrollment materials or Optum Bank® HSA Welcome Kit, or sign in to your account to view the fee schedule associated with your HSA. You can also sign in to your account and look for specifics under "accounts overview," then "account details."
Other account fees:
- $2.50 per ATM transaction that Optum Bank charges. In addition to the Optum Bank ATM fee, the bank/ATM you use to withdraw funds may charge you a fee.
- $20 charge to transfer your HSA to another bank or custodian (outbound transfer of your entire HSA or a portion).
- $1.50 Printed Statement Fee. If you do not choose online delivery for your account statements, we will charge this fee for every statement we mail to you. Note: there is no charge for online statement delivery.
No unnecessary fees
We’ve done away with many unnecessary bank fees associated with your HSA.
To help you save more money, you will not be charged:
- A check order fee
- A wire transfer fee
- A return or paid nonsufficient funds (NSF) fee
- An official check fee
- An excess contribution fee
- A returned deposit item fee
- A stop-payment fee
- A research fee
- A document copy fee
- A check processing fee (or ACH fee)
Earnings: Interest rate and APY
Your HSA may earn interest at tiered rates. Interest is accrued daily and paid monthly; rates vary. To find your current interest rate and annual percentage yield (APY), sign in to view your account details.
Your interest rate and corresponding APY can also be found on your monthly statement. Earnings are variable and subject to change.