With your Optum BankSM Health Savings Account Debit MasterCard®, as long as there's enough money in your account, you can use your card to pay for qualified medical expenses.
Using Your Card
Activate your card when you receive it – it will arrive in the mail 7 to 10 days after your HSA is opened.
Once it's activated, you can use your Debit MasterCard three ways:
- Pay for doctor's office visits at the time of the appointment or for qualified items at the pharmacy or other retailer.
- Write in your card information when you get a bill if the biller accepts cards with the MasterCard acceptance mark.
- Withdraw cash from an ATM to reimburse yourself for expenses you paid for out-of-pocket.*
You can order additional cards for your spouse and dependents. Just download and return the Additional Debit Card Request form (PDF).
Lost or Stolen Card
Call Optum Bank at 1-866-234-8913, 24 hours a day, if your card is lost or stolen. We will reissue you a new card, free of charge, within 10 days.
If you would like to dispute charges on your card, please fill out and return the Cardholder Dispute form (PDF). Common reasons for disputed charges include:
- Your card was stolen and used for unauthorized purchases.
- The charges on your statement differ from what was billed by the doctor office, pharmacy or other merchant.
- You did not receive the products or services you purchased with your card.
*There is a $1.50 ATM withdrawal fee. Access fees may also be charged by the ATM owner.
Keeping Your Debit Card Safe and Secure
We have some tips for keeping your debit card safe from thieves. Be sure to review them – and follow them!