- Check your account balance and bank statement often to detect any discrepancies or fraudulent activity.
- Make sure that we have updated contact information including your phone number and email address. We can't ask you about a suspicious charge unless we have your current phone number.
- Report a lost or stolen card immediately by calling 1-866-234-8913.
- Never write your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your debit card, and keep the PIN and your card number separate and secure.
- Copy the customer service phone number from the back of your debit card and keep it in a separate location from your purse or wallet.
- Let us know your travel dates and destination. If your card gets swiped at an unusual location, we may decline the transaction unless we know you were traveling there.
- Use your card at places that you trust, both online and offline.
- If any ATM looks like it has been tampered with (loose parts, extra attachments, etc.) do not use the machine. It could be a “skimmer,” which is used to copy identifying information from the magnetic strip on the card.
- Do not use machines that claim to clean, re-magnetize, or renew your card.
- When keying in your PIN always shield the key pad.
- Never allow a cashier, or anyone else, to enter your PIN for you, even if assisting you with a transaction.
- If you use your card at a gas pump to reimburse yourself for qualified medical expenses, do not use it with the PIN number and if possible go inside to get your card swiped.
What Happens When We Suspect Fraud
If we suspect fraudulent debit card use, you will be contacted by phone to validate your transactions.
- A person or an automated call will ask you to verify recent transaction(s) on your card.
- You will be asked for your ZIP code. You will NOT be asked for any personally identifying information, including your account or debit card number.
- You will be directed immediately to someone who can help you if you didn't authorize the transaction(s).
It is important to complete the call. If you have any questions, you can contact us.